Tuesday, March 10, 2009

If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it


This is the tastiest pastry in the world. It is called a religieuse, and it is my religion. These are layered cream puffs with chocolate pastry cream inside. This one is huge, and cost 2 euros. (!!)

It didn't come with a bow and pearls...we found this string of pearls (probably not real...but nice fake ones!) in the square in front of St. Sulpice today. And the bow is a big crazy plastic ring I bought in a store called "L'Oeuf" or "The Egg." A Religiuese is already delightful, but I decided to make it a little over the top precious. 

On a less lovely note, Laduree (A super famous pastry shop with the most gorgeous confections) doesn't allow photography. boooo hoo. 


2 comments:

  1. "This is the tastiest pastry in the world"
    I thought the expatriate lectured you for that! Did you learn nothing in France?

    ReplyDelete